Sunday, September 26, 2010

The name of the game: Procrastination

...and I'm totally the winner. If you asked me Friday what my weekend plans were, aside from the typical church and some special Saturday morning plans, my answer would've been: "Homework."

However, thus far (it is currently Sunday evening night at 9:35 p.m. and...) I have done ABSOLUTELY NOOOOO homework. Okay, I did print out a couple sources for one of my papers!!! Yay, so I did SOMETHING. But let's be real, that took me less than 10 minutes, and I haven't picked them up (let alone READ them) since I lifted them off  the tray of the printer.

I wish I could be a better self-motivator when it comes to school work. This week I did really good, I'm ahead in a couple things...but the stuff due in the next two days, yeahhh, that's not done. Shame on me!

And while I'm fussing at myself, let me go ahead and admit that our wedding thank you notes are STILLLLLL "in progress." Yes, we've been married nearly 3 months. I know, it's sad. But I have sent some out AND they will ALL go out, even if it's months from now. I mean, isn't a late "thank you" better than no "thank you" at all?  I think so! And I'm determined to make sure it happens. That is important to me. **UPDATE**errr...confession--it's now August 2013, I just this month threw away some thank you notes that I wrote in Nov. 2010 and never sent....alas, I DID send out ALL my thank you notes for gifts we received when our son was born. It only took me 6 months. Snicker ;) *

Although, as I sit here thinking about them...I just realized one of our thank you's was going to be written to Mr & Mrs, and that Mrs is now in Heaven with Jesus....anyone have a forwarding address? :) Strange to smile over such a thought, but if you knew her and the beautiful heart she has for Jesus, you'd know she'd insist I smile...I can't wait to see her again!

So yeah, now that I've allowed myself to fully indulge in the procrastination by writing a blog...I'm going to get to work. Did I mention that while procrastinating I also: watched football, hung out in the lobby with friends, took a shower (although that doesn't really count, it's necessary!), cleaned the kitchen table hardcore to get something sticky off, and...I could go on. But I won't because let's be honest, that's just another way for me to put off the necessary--here goes nothing, it's HOMEWORK time.

P.S. Please share any secrets that encourage you to get things done in the NOW rather than the LATER. What motivates and encourages you? Leave a comment--maybe there is something YOU do that will work for queen-procrastinator ME! :)

-----------
Coming soon...a blog about how we "stretch" bar soap to get the MOST out of it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers