Thursday, January 31, 2013

1-30-13 -- A Letter to my unborn son...



Today is Wednesday, January 30, 2013...

And it's a special day for us. It's special because today was (it's almost over) the "estimated due date" for our first child. We are welcoming a little boy into our family, ANY day minute now!


So in honor of today, I decided to write a letter to my unborn son. 


Malachi Isaiah, 


I am so excited that God has given us you and is trusting us to raise you! Me and your dad absolutely cannot wait to meet you and we already love you more than you can possibly know! 


I want to tell you that we have one wish above all things for your life, and that is that you put God first by seeking to serve Him with your all. We have lots of wishes for you but that is first and foremost and we will do our best to be examples of living for Him everyday so that you will see that it is most important to us as you grow up. 

I also want to tell you to dream big! I read a quote just this week online on a piece of artwork for a child's nursery that said "Dream big dreams--you'll grow into them." So I say to you, dream big! You'll often hear people say, "you can do whatever you set your mind to" and there is so much truth in that statement. Determination and drive will take you far in life--so be determined to reach your goals and know that your dad and I will alway be right there cheering you on. 

Last but not least, I want to tell you to be yourself. Dr. Seuss is a name you know (we already read his books to you and you're not even here yet) and he has a quote that says, "Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you." God made us all different and he made you the way you are on purpose, so be proud of yourself and be YOU! 


Malachi, we love you and cannot wait until you are out of my tummy & in our arms! That is certainly going to be sooner than later at this point and we are thrilled. You have been a dream of mine and daddy's since before we even met and fell in love...I'll have to tell you that story another time--it's one of my favorites. Your dad is pretty great and we are blessed to have him. We are so happy that you are a part of our family. I cannot wait to look into your eyes for the first time; so how about you come out to meet me soon, little man?! 


I love you buddy!
-xoxoxo- 
Mamma 

P.S. When we first found out we were having a baby, we didn't know if you were a little boy or a little girl, so we decided to give you a nickname. That nickname was "Squirt." Your aunt Kara helped come up with it & it has stuck...so you may still be our "Squirt" for years to come. It's cute now but I'm sure it won't be your favorite at some point as you grow up...but know that it'll always be extra special to me and your daddy and that when we call you Squirt, it makes us smile deep inside and makes our hearts happy. You are our Squirt and we love you so much! 




 A special thanks to our friend, Lauren Thorn, for her awesome photography skills that brought about these maternity pictures of Squirt in mommy's tummy! 









No comments:

Post a Comment

.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers