Sunday, October 24, 2010

Saturday, October 23rd.

 Today...

woke up at 8:30 to pick up Angelfood (this is a service/ministry that is greatly helping Joe & I to keep grocery costs down, check it out!)

Came home, put food up & went back to sleep...it's Saturday and we are college students, give us a break! haha :)

I got up, took a shower...Joe STILL sleeping. :)

Then Joe got a shower, mom came and picked us up & we all 3 headed to Kara's game.

Kara is on the varsity volleyball team at Camden High  (Sidenote: I'm super proud of her, she is the only sophomore who made varsity! Okay, proud sister moment over...continuing...) and they had their first state playoff game today.

They played Columbia High School which is a team that was in our conference back when I was in school. Camden was a #4 seed out of their conference and Columbia was a #1 seed out of theirs...and to give you a comparison of the level of play in the different conferences, we at a #4 seed STOMPED them at a #1 seed. We won three games straight, they play best 3 out of 5.

So...good luck to the Lady Bruins on Tuesday when they play in the second round of state playoffs! 

So they won in three quick games, total time played was only 55 minutes, so we drove longer to get there than it took for them to beat the other team. Then we went out to eat dinner at Andy's there in Columbia, that's where we always eat when we play there or in Creswell.

Next stop was back in town at the theater to see PARANOMAL ACTIVITY 2! :)
I loved the first one and I loved this one too.

These movies and Strangers are the scariest movies ever (in my opinion). And I love me some scary movies, as long as they aren't dirty. I'm not for all that language and gore. I could've done with a little less language in P.Activity 1 & 2.

Then after the movie, which was a blast. Everyone came back to our place, everyone being me, Joe, Mom, Dad, Kara and Emily (penelope!) ....Kristopher and his date went from the movie to Fright Nights, a "haunted" attraction here in town built inside the old Middle School, and they came to our apartment after for just a bit before he had to get her home before her curfew. cute.

Me and mom then watched Paranormal Activity 1 because mom hadn't seen it (she watched 2 before 1, silly momma!). Kara and Emily watched some of it with us, but they didn't make it through...at about 10:00 they went to our bedroom and crashed in our bed...after having been crashed on the couch for most of the movie.

Then mom, Kara and Emily headed out. Kristopher took his date home and it was only me, Joe and dad left....

....so of course we played some ping pong in the lobby.
Photo from: http://www.timtim.com/drawing/view/drawing_id/705

And yes, I SKUNKED my father. That's right, 7-NOTHING. :) Then he beat me 22-20, putting us tied 1-1 and I took him 21-14 in game three to win the match 2-for-3.
Hahahaha, ohhh it's good to beat dad!!

And now, it is ridiculously late & I am going to bed.

------------------
I should add (so you can laugh at me) that I started writing this post about an hour ago, then I came and got ready for bed and took Joe's phone to play a game of Bejewled while he finished up using the computer...I thought I was doing awesome playing the "action" version where you can't let the time run out or you lose...I have only ever gotten to level 6 and I was in the teens when I started to get suspicious if I had clicked the wrong choice and instead of action was playing "endless"...

....well, I had clicked "endless." And while I thought I was kicking the game's butt, really I was just robbing away time from my night's sleep.

Oh well....good night all. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers