Friday, October 22, 2010

I want to be used.

You should go to this site. It is Chris Woolard's blog.

For those of you who may not know Chris, he is the youth minister at Christ's Church and he does an amazing job there with the youth along with the awesome group of volunteers I had the honor of working with. I am happy to have worked as a sponsor with Chris during the year that he was mentoring Joe as Joe served there as an intern for a year.

The specific blog post I've linked to contains three skits performed by some of the youth group and some of the sponsors as this past year's CCYC (Carolina Christian Youth Convention).

These skits are moving.  You should take the time to watch them. (probably less than 10 minutes total).

And join me in praying for all those who attended CCYC this past year and for all those who sponsored the trip with the many youth groups and for the churches they came from. Pray that God blesses CCYC so that it can continue to impact our youth and grow them in their relationship with Christ.

I'm thankful for the time that Joe and I spent at Christ's Church & while I miss them dearly, I am just waiting and praying for where God leads us next. I'm trying to make it the cry of my heart for God to use me...and really mean it. It's hard to mean that, it's hard to ask God to send you WHERE ever HE wants you. It's hard not to be selfish.

I'm trying God. I love You, Lord. And I DO want to serve YOU with my life.

There is a very negative connotation in the term "being used," unless you are a Christian...I want God to use ME.

I want to be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers