Thursday, November 17, 2011

Flowing Thoughts...quite jumbled. Good luck.

Alright, I'm feeling especially witty tonight and quite in the mood for writing. I know, that's strange right? Since I've wrote about 1 blog/1.5 months for the past year, but tonight I stumbled upon a new blog (not literally stumbled upon using "stumble upon" a new discovery of mine that I love--you should check it out, really after you finish reading this go google stumble upon!) So tonight I found a blog that I want to talk a little bit about.

But allow me to preface with this. If my (future) child/children begin to use "cuss" words, they will receive a pop in the mouth, some soap on their tongue (non-toxic of course ;) ) or at the very least, a good talking to. However, I do not feel that the usage of cuss words is the END of the world, however, I don't think they should be used either....so yeah, that's the preface. *In a moment you'll understand this and the connection*

So, the blog I discovered tonight is called Eat the Damn Cake. I think I found it when I was looking at hair cuts (don't get any ideas about mine, people) and then I started to explore her other posts besides the one the hair cut search on google led me to. I found one about being fired, and I left a comment that was seriously like therapy. I was exaggerative and some-what mean but it was so entertaining and seriously, it was therapeutic. I have learned something about myself in the past few years and that is when something gets to me--like really makes me mad or upset, but I know it's out of my control--I do two things: first, I cry (I'm such a stinkin' girl) and second, I joke it/about it to lighten up the mood, I guess? But it works, I crack myself up and then it's all good...well, it's better. I often don't mean what I say and I only say it around certain people who understand I don't mean it...like my adoring husband who gets me like no one else in the world and laughs at/with me pretty much daily.

And then I went to the "about" section of her blog and that was so entertaining (like everything else I have read of hers so far) and it was also encouraging. I battle with the fine line between "positive body-image" and "WORKOUT! EAT RIGHT! Be healthy, be thin!!!" I'm not afraid to admit that right now I weigh the most I ever have in my life--and that's okay, but not okay <---here is the battle again, people. Yes, I do not exercise and eat like I should right now, but I am also not obese and on the verge of diabetes and tons of health risks because of my weight either, nor am I leading a completely sedative lifestyle. So yeah, should I be confident and let myself EAT THE **** CAKE?! Or should I push myself, be stressed and try to lose an inch a minute? How about a little of both? I mean really, gals...it's about time we learn that there is a happy medium!

Let's let ourselves eat the d*** cake, but let's also not eat nothing but cake. Let's work out, but let's also not chain ourselves to the treadmill. Let's be confident, not consistently self-conscious of an extra 5, 10 or even 15 pounds. Deal??

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, now that I've amazed myself with where this blog went...it's confession time. I didn't have a clue what I was going to write about. I just knew I wanted to write. I felt inspired. I felt the words flowing--mind you those words are raw and no sand paper has touched their rough edges, please forgive that ;)

Any who, hope you enjoyed the things that apparently flowed from my mind to my fingers tonight & yes, life is grand for Joe & I all-in-all. Hope you are doing just swell, too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers