Thursday, November 4, 2010

Today it RAINED! :)

Today it rained....

and I wore these!

I've been looking for rain boots, for MONTHS....like over a year I think. Thanks to those of you who helped along the way in my search & to target.com for finally being the winner that I bought from because they have such a great selection! 

So...finally I found the lovely ones you see in these pictures. They are black with multi-colored polka dots! :) I purchased them online last week, and they came in yesterday.


It made me happy wearing them today. Yes, I admit I am amused by the small things! But, realistically...if you've ever walked on our campus on a rainy day....you understand.

Our "sidewalks" become rivers. Yeah...that really happens. Our well maintained lawns that perfectly frame the sidewalks (which look great, of course) also make for the perfect water collecting location.

But did that stop me today? Not one bit! Did it slow me down? Nope! Did I have to hold my pants legs up so that they wouldn't be soaking wet for the next 4 hours? Sure did not!

Did I have FUN trampsing through those puddles like a kid? 
SURE DID!!

WOO-HOO! 
:) 

So, my rain boots came in JUST in time (the package arrived yesterday) and today it rained. Good timing? I think so!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

However, there is a negative side to this thus-far cheery post....I'm sorry to ruin it but, I just have to do it.


 I must vent about stupid drivers in this town. 

For those of you who don't know a lot about our school...we have a street through the middle of our campus. Well, I guess it's be better described as our campus is on both sides of a street....ehhh, tomAtoes, tomAHtoes....

Anyways, on the river side of the street we have the dorm & apartments, the library, the gym and the chapel...and then on the other side of the street we have a building called "Heritage" where our classrooms are, the staff and faculty offices, the cafeteria as well as buildings that house the administration, admissions, student life, and financial aid.

So....how do we go about getting from where we LIVE (dorm/apartments) to where we attend classes? eat? visit teachers? visit our super cool admissions counselors? the awesome financial aid officers? or in my case, go to work?

Well in theory...we walk across one of these:
This is a crosswalk. 

However, I say that this is in theory because people driving cars don't understand how they work. Drivers think that they do not need to stop for pedestrians in the crosswalk. This is in fact, false.

THIS IRRITATES ME....On days that it's NOT raining.

Today, it was pouring...and MULTIPLE people drove by me on different trips across the street, as I stood there dripping. Literally...dripping!

Had I not had on a rain coat and RAIN BOOTS! (woo-hoo!) I would have really, really been aggravated! But instead I was only aggravated with ONE really. And I looked at them....like this:

Haha!

...or something like that!

None-the-less I was left standing on the side of the street until a kind driver stopped and let me cross. (Thank you kind and decent stranger who chooses to obey traffic laws; specifically when it is RAINING!) I waved/mouthed thank you multiple times to show them that I was grateful they were not punks like the TWO cars in front of them.

But...now the rain has stopped & I do not have to cross the street again and today was just a day I spent having a good ol' time in my rain boots! 

"CHEESE!"

Well, really I worked most of the day...but still I was wearing my RAIN BOOTS! 

Now for the rest of the night:
  • hang out with buddies, 
  • do some reading, 
  • take a movie back to red box, 
  • play in our first intramural bball game,
  • and whatever else the night brings....
because HEYYY my 8 a.m. class is cancelled! holllla! :)


Hope everyone else had a lovely rainy Thursday! 

And next time you see a cross walk, stop and let the people waiting cross. 
Jesus will love you if you do. :)

....Okay, fine, He'll love you if you don't.

But I can't promise that *I* will like you much. 





2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your post and it made me smile on an evening I am not feeling so great. I especially love your rain boots! Isn't it great when cuteness and function go hand in hand?
    ~Martha

    I don't know how to post this without it going to my husbands account :/

    ReplyDelete

.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers